Freesteel Blog » goatchurch.org.uk
This is to be ported from goatchurch.org.uk
- Diving (also available on the Kayak Diving index page).
- Intro-Mediate Anglesey Kayak, June 2008 A fine weekend using the proper equipment
- St Abbs July 2007 Finishing off Scotland at the easy place.
- Skye June 2007 The dive kayaking duo in some remote locations and lochs.
- Plymouth July 2006 Ten days with dive kayaking and some near perfect weather.
- St Abbs October 2005 Short trip, nothing special, but it’s a reccie for the summer.
- North Wales Weekends 2004/5. Mostly for the pictures from several short trips.
- Kayak Dive Ireland July 2004. I’ve always wanted to do that.
- A Marine Identification Course Ireland July 2004. The pictures are pretty, but the words got out of control during the ramble.
- Diving Kayaks Win Lleyn August 2003. Out again with my camera. Probably the one that’s worth reading.
- Pembroke Kayak Diving Nuts June 2003. With some trials in Anglesey. UK underwater piccies, but no story because nothing went badly wrong.
- Kayak diving April 2002. My first two weeks with my own two boats.
- Cosmo’s Boat in Liverpool Bay, Summer 2000.
- Spring 2006 Some jaunts before the summer begins.
- North Wales Spring 2003. With pictures, although the text gets side-tracked into Underwater Rugby and the Church of Stop Shopping.
- Leeds-Liverpool Canal October 2000. Nice write up of a muddy cycling trip.
- Isle of Man June 2000. Following Clive and Sarah on their tandem up steep hills.
- XScrapbook Tour of the house Becka and I live in. You can’t get more nearby than that. (Not updated since 2000. The hedge is quite a bit bigger.)
Far Away Trips
- China May 2005. Picture story of caving in China. Declared done.
- Thailand April 2005. Stopping over on a generic tropical island paradise on the way to some horrible caving in China.
- Austria Summer 2004. Back to normal caving on the Loser Plateau again.
- Austria January 2004. Finally a ski trip to Austria to where we go caving.
- January 2003. Just some random pictures from that month of caving, diving, and riding a bus to Europe.
- USA summer 2002
- Clarion 2002. Just one of those Science Fiction writing courses that I got onto in Michigan for six weeks in the summer.
- Utah July 2002. Post-Clarion desert tourism with Becka in the Parks.
- California August 2002. The west coast skid against the will of the Becka.
- Montana August 2002. Final installment in the mountains written up a little late in the day.
- New Zealand Semester
- Morocco New Year 2001. A recce caving trip where we met friendly locals and learnt some important things. Warning: this pages comes with a heavy helping of advice.
- New Orleans November 2000. A trip to a psychology conference. (I’d only look at the pictures if I were you.)
- Cambodia and South Vietnam Dec/Jan 1998-99. Three weeks visiting Becka’s parents on VSO.
- Israel and Jordan January 1997. You could call this a honeymoon.
- Canyoning in France August 1995. Early write up, no pictures.
- Austrian Caving in 1993. One of my many unsatisfying hang-gliding trips.
- Condoleeza Rice comes to Liverpool in 2006. And we gave her and Jack Straw a fine Liverpool welcome.